>> Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Pesarattu-Upma is one breakfast item Andhraites boast off. Go to any wedding anywhere in Andhra Pradesh, you will not miss out on this item. Pesarattu-Upma is by default a favourite among the Andhra people. The spicy crispy moong dal dosa stuffed with upma served with coconut chutney and ginger chutney for sure tickles your taste buds.
The preparation for this is very simple and friends these moong dal dosa's are healthy too. Unlike other dosa preparations, you need not wait for the batter to ferment. You can have it immediately. A perfect breakfast item on a weekend. For those who never tried or tasted this recipe, I am sure you have missed something really tasty. A must try!!!
I am sending this recipe to SWC - Andhra Pradesh event hosted by Indian Hut
Moong dal - 1 cup
Rice - handful
Green chillies - 4 small
Curry leaves - 3,4
1. Wash and soak the moong dal and rice together overnight.
2. In a blender, blend the moong dal and rice in parts to a smooth batter. While blending add ginger,green chillies and curry leaves.
3. Once blended, add salt.
4. Now, take a flat pan and when its hot pour in small quantity of the batter on the pan and gently spread the batter making rounds with the cup/soup spatula you are using to make a round till the rim of the pan.
5. Sprinkle finely chopped onions, cumin seeds and add 1tsp of oil along the edges.
6. See to it the bottom of the dosa is not burnt. Keep checking and once it turns golden brown color, turn to the other side. Repeat the same and flip again.
7. At this stage, add 2 tbsp of upma in the center of the dosa and gently without breaking the dosa, start folding the two edges to the center.
8. Repeat the same for all the dosas.
Serve hot with coconut chutney and ginger chutney.